In this page I summarize the scientific output and dissemination activity for my ERC Starting Grant, n. 759424, on “Strategic Uncertainty in Economic Environments and Digital Marketing Agencies” (SUEE). This grant will be active until December 2023. Recently, I have been awarded an ERC Consolidator grant, n.101089139, on “Personality, Preferences and Reference Dependence”, which will start in 2024.
“Strategic Uncertainty in Economic Environments and Digital Marketing Agencies”
Part 1 of this research project studies individuals reasoning processes in the face of strategic uncertainty and individual decision making, as well as study problems of coordination in the presence of strategic uncertainty. We provide both theoretical models and experimental tests of the theory.
Part 2 of this research project studies, both theoretically and empirically, the impact of Digital Marketing Agencies on the auctions used to sell online advertisement space.
- “Markets Effects of Sponsored Search Auctions“ (with M. Motta), working paper
- “Safe Implementation” (with M. J. Gavan), working paper
- “Coordination and Sophistication” (with L. Alaoui and K. A. Janezic), R&R at the Journal of the European Economic Association
- “A Network Solution to Robust Implementation: the case of Identical but Unknown Distributions”(with Mariann Ollár), Review of Economic Studies, Vol. 90(5), October 2023.
- “Bid Coordination in Sponsored Search Auctions: Detection Methodology and Empirical Analysis” (with F. Decarolis, M. Goldmanis, and K. Shakhgildyan), Journal of Industrial Economics, forthcoming
- “Cost-Benefit Analysis in Reasoning” (with Larbi Alaoui), Journal of Political Economy, Vol. 130(4), April 2022.
- “Efficient Implementation via Transfers: Uniqueness and Sensitivity in Symmetric Environments” (with M. Ollár), AEA papers and proceedings, vol.112: 438-443, May 2022
- “Rationalizability, Observability and Common Knowledge” (with P. Zuazo-Garin), Review of Economic Studies, Vol. 89, Issue 2, March 2022: 948–975.
- “Marketing Agencies and Collusive Bidding in Online Ad Auctions” (with Francesco Decarolis and Maris Goldmanis) Management Science, Vol.66, No 10, 4433-4454, November 2020.
- “Reasoning about Others’ Reasoning’’ (with Larbi Alaoui and Katharina A. Janezic), Journal of Economic Theory, Vol.189, 105091, August 2020.
- 2023 Workshop on the Design of Strategic Interactions, Venice (Italy)
- 2023 BSE Summer Forum, Coordination and Social Interactions, Barcelona (Spain)
- 2023 BSE Summer Forum, Preferences and Bounded Rationality, Barcelona (Spain)
- 2022 BSE Summer Forum, Coordination and Social Interactions, Barcelona (Spain)
- 2022 BSE Summer Forum, Preferences and Bounded Rationality, Barcelona (Spain)
- 2020 Barcelona GSE Summer Forum, Bounded Rationality, Cognition and Strategic Uncertainty — (cancelled for COVID-19 crisis)
- 2019 Barcelona GSE Summer Forum, Bounded Rationality, Cognition and Strategic Uncertainty
- 2018 Barcelona GSE Summer Forum, Bounded Rationality, Cognition and Strategic Uncertainty
Seminars (presentation of ERCsg projects — including scheduled)
- 2023-2024: NYU-Abu Dhabi
- 2022-2023: Venice (Ca’ Foscari, dept. seminar), Singapore Management University.
- 2021-2022: Columbia, Cornell, Alicante, IAE-UAB, Oxford (dept. seminar), ACM (Dutch competition authority), Collegio Carlo Alberto, Brown (online).
- 2020-2021: Yale (online), Bocconi (EGT Reading Group, online), Caltech (online), LSE (online), Oxford (Nuffield LGN seminar, online), Edinburgh (online),
- 2019-2020: Univ. of Zurich, Higher School of Economics (Moscow)
- 2018-2019: Bar-Ilan Univ., Tel-Aviv Univ., Hebrew Univ. of Jerusalem, Bonn, European University Institute (Florence), Univ. of Bologna, UPV/EHU (Bilbao)
- 2017-2018: CERGE-EI, Paris School of Economics (Roy Econ-Theory seminar), Groningen, Toulouse School of Economics, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (internal micro)
Conferences and Workshops (presentation of ERCsg projects)
- 2023: Keynote Speaker, Economic Theory Festival, University of Queensland (Brisbane, Australia)
- 2023: Conference in Memory of Bill Sandholm, University of Wisconsin, Madison (USA)
- 2023: SAET Conference on Mathematical Economics (Paris, France)
- 2023: 17th Symposium on Economics and Institutions, jointly organized by CSEF and IGIER-Bocconi (Capri, Italy)
- 2023: 3rd Catalan Economic Society Conference (Barcelona, Spain)
- 2023: Conference in honor of G. Mailath 65th birthday, University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, USA)
- 2022: European Winter Meetings of the Econometric Society, Berlin (Germany)
- 2022: Economic Science Association Conference, Bologna (Italy)
- 2021: Semi-Plenary Speaker, GAMES 2020.1: 6th World Congress of the Game Theory Society (Budapest, Hungary)
- 2019: Keynote Speaker, Behavioral Research in Economics Workshop (IIM, Ahmedabad, India)
- 2019: Keynote Speaker, ICEF Microeconomics Workshop (Moscow, Russia)
- 2019: Workshop on “New Directions in Mechanism Design”, (Stony Brook, NY, USA)
- 2019: XIX-SAET Conference on Mathematical Economics, Ischia (ITA)
- 2019: Warwick Economic Theory Workshop, Univ. of Warwick (UK)
- 2018: LOFT XIII: 13th Conference on Logic and the Foundations of Game and Decision Theory, Bocconi Univ. (Milan, Italy)
- 2018: UBC-HKU Summer Workshop in Economic Theory, Vancouver (CAN)
- 2018: Warwick Economic Theory Workshop, Univ. of Warwick (UK)
- 2018: Sixth Southampton-Bristol Workshop in Economic Theory, Southampton (UK)
- 2017: Workshop on Reasoning About Strategic Interaction and Emotions, Bocconi, Milan (ITA)
- 2017: XV-Barcelona GSE Trobada, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. (ESP)
- 2017: SISL Summer Conference on Misspecification, Robustness, Causality and the Design of Experiments (Caltech, USA)
- 2017: HKU-UBC Summer Workshop in Economic Theory, Hong-Kong University (HK)